Best 2-into-1 Exhaust for Harley Bagger in 2023 – Top 10 Picks
Having the right exhaust will not only enhance the performance of your bike but also improves its sound. The section below outlines the best 2-into-1 Exhaust for Harley Bagger. You can weigh the options to pick the system that suits you the best.
Best 2-into-1 Exhaust for Harley Bagger
At A Glance: Best 2 in 1 Exhaust for Harley Bagger
- Best Overall: Vance & Hines 16763 Twin Slash
- Best Custom Design: Bassani Road Rage II 2 into 1 Exhaust
- Best Value: SHARKROAD 2-Into-1 Exhaust Pipes for Harley
- Best for Traffic: Cobra Neighbor Haters
- Best Construction: Bagger Brothers BB-FE2001 2-Into-1 Exhaust
1. Vance & Hines 16763 Twin Slash – Best Overall 2-into-1 Exhaust for Harley Bagger
Vance and Hines are famous for their great exhaust pipes and exhaust systems. One of the company’s most renowned 2-into-1 exhausts is the 16763 Twin Slash. These mufflers are compatible with all 1995-2016 Harley touring models.
The Vance & Hines 16763 is specially designed to provide the best sounds and increased horsepower. Its performance is top-notch, unlike no system we have put down in this article. This is why it makes the top of our list.
This system is extremely lightweight with a compact 4-inch size. It has thermal protection and is more efficient in filtering out smoke. Not only that, but this exhaust comes in a round version that allows you to hear your stereo while on the road.
- Clean sound: The system has an upgraded megaphone design with a deep and clean sound. Optional silent inserts are available.
- Long-lasting: It can last for several years without any maintenance due to its stainless steel body.
- Improved performance: The Vance & Hines 16763 has great ECM feedback. This improves exhaust performance.
- Minimized discoloration: Its round body uses a maintenance-free baffle to decrease heat discoloration.
- More horsepower: The 4″ muffler is larger than previous versions to produce more horsepower for touring bikes.
- It is quick and easy to install.
- Ideally sized with a better body design and look.
- The dozy sounds grab attention.
- You can add a silencer insert for extra silence.
- You may need different OEM parts for proper installation.
VERDICT: The round body design of Vance & Hines 16763 makes the installation pretty easy. Once you install these mufflers, even the sound becomes much subsided for an enjoyable riding experience.
2. Bassani Road Rage II 2 into 1 Exhaust – Best Custom Design
This exhaust is ideal on those Harley-touring motorcycles fitted with forward controls. The system has an appealing look, smooth sound, and stunning performance.
It has Oxygen sensor ports, each measuring 18 mm in size, and thermal protection to withstand maximum heat. Moreover, it features 2-inch primary tubes, which are mandrel-bent to supply greater horsepower.
Road Rage II has quality components as the predecessor Bassani models but with shorter primary tubes. This Exhaust has a removable deflector, baffle, and dark billet end lid with contrasting machined flutes. It is a good option for those looking for a custom exhaust look.
- Maximum performance: It features stepped head pipes of equal lengths from 1 3/4 to 1 ⅞ to 2 inches, intended for optimum performance.
- Improved protection: Bassani muffler has full coverage heat shields for thermal protection.
- Better sound: A silencer megaphone provides deep and loud roaring without disturbing sounds.
- Clean Dynas: This version is specifically designed with a short head tube for cleaning Dynas with longer strokes.
- The stainless steel finish makes it rust and corrosion-free.
- Highly compatible with even old Harley Davidson models.
- It has a stunning design and looks.
- Thermal protection for longevity.
- It does not come with installation instructions.
VERDICT: Having the Road Rage II on your Harley Bagger is a significant advantage to enhance the performance of your bike. You shouldn’t worry about compatibility as the system supports bikes as old as the 2001 models.
3. SHARKROAD 2-Into-1 Exhaust Pipes for Harley – Best Value
SHARKROAD 2-into-1 exhaust is incredibly lightweight, with a considerable size of 4.4 inches. It will not make your motorcycle feel heavy, and you can even get smaller models of 3-inch sizes.
This Exhaust has an all-welded, heavy-duty design that can last very long. It features a removable baffle and stainless steel pipes that make it easy to clean and maintain. Moreover, it has the latest Oxygen sensor for better performance.
What’s impressive is that you will get a great deal at a reasonable price. SHARKROAD 2 into one exhaust has a good value and would only cost you half the budget of what you would pay for more prominent brands.
- Increases power: The system increases horsepower and torque due to its triple-stepped headers 1 .75 to 2.0 to 4.4 inches.
- Impressive sound: Harley’s two-in-one exhaust provides a deep throaty sound, making your bike sound pretty impressive.
- Complete hardware: The system comes with all mounting hardware. It includes Oxygen sensor ports, gaskets, flanges, plugs, and transfers.
- Heat reduction: It reduces 70% of the heat the engine generates with its full-coverage heat shields.
- It has a fantastic aluminum design.
- Smooth and happy installation.
- You can use it with the aftermarket and stock systems.
- It has a deeper sound that is not so loud.
- It may not be compatible with some Harley bike models.
VERDICT: This Exhaust will give you the design style and performance you need for your bike. If you want an affordable yet convenient exhaust pipe, then the SHARKROAD two-in-one exhaust would be great.
4. Cobra Neighbor Haters – Best for Traffic
Cobra Neighbor Haters will upgrade your motorcycle in all aspects, from performance to torque. It has a 4-inch pipe that opens to a 4.5-inch at the end. The pipe ensures the smoke release is efficient to improve fuel efficiency.
The exhaust’s 2-in-1 design with its louvered baffle produces a deep rumble and an aggressive sound. Its sound is enjoyable with mid-lows and highs, making it perfect for traffic.
Moreover, the build is clean and neat, with an attractive stainless steel chrome finish. They won’t rust or corrode over an extended time. This system also has blue shield protection, meaning it will not turn blue or discolor.
- Efficiency: The 2-in-1 Exhaust increases the engine’s efficiency, improving horsepower and torque.
- Adjustable sound: It has a movable baffle that can make the exhaust sound low or high, depending on your preference.
- Longer life: The Exhaust is stainless steel with a tight and precise fit for a longer lifespan.
- Deep sound: It has an 8-inch span larger baffle for a deep, excellent, and engaging sound.
- It is compatible with most Harley-touring motorcycles.
- Easy installation and tuning.
- It has a lifetime warranty for any damages.
- Protects against extreme temperatures.
- The Cobra Neighbor Hater’s muffler is a bit heavy.
VERDICT: The Cobra Neighbor Haters Chrome is an excellent upgrade from the initial version with low torques. It is available in various finishes, so you can pick one that perfectly fits your style.
5. Bagger Brothers BB-FE2001 2-Into-1 Exhaust – Best Construction
Bagger Brothers BB-FE2001 2-into-1 Exhaust has a fantastic design and construction. They have quality stainless steel construction with OEM-style mounting hardware for the brackets. It also has a double back exit with chrome tips to look even better.
The Exhaust comes with a heat shield that protects the bike’s system from heating. Your engine will stay cool even if you are riding at top speed. Besides that, the mufflers are 4-inch megaphones to produce great sound.
- Easy to install: The exhaust system comes packaged with all the tools for installation. It includes mounting hardware and exhaust gaskets.
- More power: It features a double design that offers better airflow, leading to better throttle performance and more power.
- Lightweight: The system is lightweight with stainless steel construction and adds only a little weight to your bike.
- Customizable: It has a detachable baffle for easy customization.
- It makes customization simple.
- Performs well in reducing heat.
- There is no need to remove the stock exhaust components for installation.
- The mufflers produce a tremendous rumbling sound.
- It does not fit motorcycles with mid-mount controls.
VERDICT: If you want a quality 2 in 1 exhaust that accommodates standard and extended saddlebags, this exhaust is your best choice.
6. Bagger Brothers 2-Into-1 Exhaust
The Bagger Brothers 2-Into-1 exhaust is a great way to add some extra power to your bike. This exhaust system was designed to make it easier to install on your bike, so you don’t have to worry about having any special tools or expertise.
This exhaust features a 2-into-1 design that gives you better airflow, which leads to more power and a better throttle response. It also includes a removable baffle for even more customization options.
- Lightweight stainless steel construction
- Made in the USA
- No need to remove stock exhaust components
- Doesn’t fit bikes with mid-mount controls (such as 2015 models)
The Bagger Brothers 2-into-1 exhaust is a perfect addition to any motorcycle. It gives you a deep exhaust note that will turn heads everywhere you go. The exhaust is made of high-quality stainless steel with OEM-style mounting hardware for brackets. This exhaust features a dual rear exit with chrome tips, so you can show off your bike’s performance with style.
This exhaust system comes with everything needed for installation, including exhaust gaskets and mounting hardware. You just need to remove your stock exhaust system and replace it with the new one to start riding in style.
7. Bassani Manufacturing Road Rage 3 2 into 1 Exhaust
The Bassani Road Rage exhaust system is a great choice for a custom look with no performance loss. The Road Rage features 2″ primary tubes, which are mandrel-bent to provide smooth flow and excellent power. The Road Rage has the same high-quality components as previous Bassani models but with shorter primary tubes. The result is a deep growl that will turn heads wherever you go!
This exhaust comes with full stainless steel construction and is finished in chrome. It’s designed to fit Harley Davidson touring bikes equipped with forward controls.
- Stainless steel construction
- It has a short megaphone, which makes the sound louder and more distinct
- There are no instructions included with this product, so you’ll have to figure out how to install it on your own
The Bassani Road Rage 3 2 into 1 exhaust is ideal for those who want to hear their bike roar as they ride down the road. This exhaust is made with stainless steel, so it will last you for years to come. It also features dual slash-cut short megaphone tips that give it a classic look and sound.
8. SuperTrapp Bootlegger 2-Into-1 Exhaust System – Compatible With Extended Bags
SuperTrapp Bootlegger 2-Into-1 Exhaust System is a good design for Harley and other touring bikes. The pipe is compatible with many extended bags; you can choose from 4 styles.
The system provides a high-flow stepped head pipe with adjustable turndown end caps. It also features stainless steel and CNC finishes free from impurities.
This exhaust system may not have heat shields or header gaskets, but once installed, it gives your bike an excellent boost in performance. You will get a crisp and exceptional sound that is adjustable to your liking.
- Increased power: It boasts a high-flow stepped header and a prominent collector for more torque and horsepower.
- Great design: The exhaust has a stainless steel CNC finish which prevents rust and corrosion.
- Long life: The design is free from impurities and can withstand adverse weather conditions for a long time.
- Better performance: It has a 2-step baffle that encourages smooth air velocity that enhances smoother breathing.
- It is durable and strong.
- It produces a deep sound with no noisy feel.
- Suitable for most extended bags.
- The installation process is easy.
- It does not have heat shields or thermal protections.
VERDICT: The SuperTrapp Bootlegger 2-Into-1 Exhaust System provides raw performance. It produces a quiet rumble at low rpm and huge bark when on the throttle.
9. Trask Performance TM-5020 Assault 2-Into-1 Exhaust – Best for Bike Customization
This system is specially designed from a TIG welded high-quality 16GA stainless steel. It is bent in a mandrel and then gas-purged to supply greater horsepower. The pipes also have custom stainless heat shields with wire closures for a race-inspired look.
Installing a Trask Performance motorcycle exhaust pipe on your Harley is a good way of improving your bike’s performance. The system has Oxygen sensor ports and thermal protection to help the exhaust withstand maximum heat. Moreover, it features a reinforcement and double adjustment to offer greater resistance.
- Better durability: The pipes have TIG joint welding, gusset, and double slip fit for more durability.
- Superior airflow: The design gives optimal airflow, which leads to a better throttle and a more powerful response.
- Improved power: Trask Performance uses a larger stepped header to increase torque and horsepower.
- Maximum performance: It features stepped head pipes of different lengths for optimum performance.
- It has high-quality stainless steel.
- Fits with both forward or mid-mount controls.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The mufflers produce a tremendous rumbling sound.
- It is not compatible with some Harley Davidson models.
VERDICT: Trask Performance Exhaust offers improved mid to high-range power on modified engines. You must re-tune the motorcycle if you decide to change the baffle.
10. Bassani Greg Lutzka Limited Edition 2-1 Exhaust – Best Limited Edition
The Bassani Greg Lutzka Limited Edition is a rare collection you’ll be proud to install on your Harley Bagger. This system features an advanced inner manifold for optimum performance. It also has two staggered heads of the same length, from 1 ¾ – 1 ⅞ inches, for increased low-end torque and horsepower.
Bassani tubes are well renowned for their brilliant thermal protection and longevity. This system allows for better throttle response while reducing back pressure. The engine will be able to breathe easier, so you don’t have to mind the bike system heating up as you ride it.
- Clean sound: The system has an upgraded megaphone silencer with a baffle and end cap for a deep, clean sound. The sound feels perfectly tuned with a deep ramble.
- Better performance: The system encourages more air intake to improve Harley’s performance.
- Increased power: It utilizes a larger volume merge collector and stepped header. The duo works to increase high-end torque and horsepower.
- Superior durability: They have TIG joint welding and stainless steel construction for durability.
- It is a rust and corrosion-free design.
- The package includes a poster, hat, hardware, and stickers.
- It is a limited-time edition exhaust.
- You do not require extra mounting hardware.
- It could be loud if not installed correctly.
VERDICT: The Bassani Greg Lutzka has excellent staggered head pipes, upswept with deep, throaty sounds. You can ride it right out of the box as it is 100% street-legal.
What Is A 2-into-1 Exhaust?
A 2-into-1 exhaust is a type of exhaust that joins two pipes into one pipe. This type of exhaust is often made from stainless steel or aluminum. Stainless steel is more expensive but is considered to be stronger and more durable. On the other hand, aluminum is lighter and cheaper than stainless steel, but it will not last as long as stainless steel.
The main benefit of this kind of exhaust system is that it reduces the vehicle’s weight and makes it easier for riders to maneuver through traffic or when riding on rough terrains like dirt or gravel roads.
This exhaust is designed to have better power output at higher speeds by reducing backpressure, which prevents the engine from overheating. It does this by having two exhaust pipes instead of one—this means that more air can flow through the engine, allowing it to produce more power than if it were using a single pipe, which would create more backpressure.
What to Look for While Buying an Exhaust for Your Harley Bagger
Today, Harley Bagger has numerous aftermarket 2-into-1 exhaust systems. Therefore, picking the correct one could be challenging.
That is why I made a list of the critical factors you should consider before you purchase your 2-into-1 exhaust. When buying an exhaust, you should consider the sound level, fitment, and material quality, among others.
When choosing an exhaust system, ensure you get one that can sound low or high, with the right pitch, when tuned. If you want your bike to be louder, go for an exhaust with a closed tip. Those looking for a quiet and mellow sound might prefer an open pipe.
Once you’ve installed the exhaust system, make sure you tune the sound of your bike depending on your preference. Also, before you buy a loud exhaust, ensure your area does not prohibit loud sounds.
It is crucial to consider how easy it is to install the exhaust and whether it comes with the installation hardware. While some exhaust systems come with heat shields, brackets, and screws, others only come with pipes.
Exhaust systems that come with the installation hardware are always easier to install than those without. Additionally, some will require the help of a professional to install and might cost you a lot. Make sure to ask before you make your purchase.
Adaptability to models
Therefore, Your choice of 2-into1 exhaust should depend on the features of your Harley exhaust pipe. This is because some pipes can only fit specific models of Harleys, while others can fit a wide range.
To decide on the exhaust, keep in mind that bikes may require specific sizes of exhaust systems. While smaller bikes require small exhausts, bigger bikes require big exhaust pipes. You can measure the exact dimensions of your exhaust system and compare it to the exhaust system to ensure it is a perfect fit.
Also, you need to consider your engine type. Some engines are usually very loud and will require a sound exhaust system.
If you are keen on loud sounds, Cobra Neighbor Haters should be your choice. For more considerable adaptability, try the Bagger Brothers BB-EX10001.
This should probably be the most crucial factor when purchasing any Harley component. If you want to save money or are on a budget, go for a cheaper exhaust.
However, if you want a quality exhaust system for your Harley Bagger, you must spend! A costly 2-into-1 exhaust will have better airflow, better throttle performance, and more power.
Check the lifespan of the exhaust before you purchase it. You can do this by inspecting the paint, checking its material, and confirming whether it is heat-resistant.
Another critical point is the warranty. This protects the system from any damage due to dirt and debris. Leading companies provide a full warranty cover, so you do not have to worry once you purchase.
A Harley Bagger’s exhaust system should have a stainless steel body. This is the best material for exhaust systems because it is rust and corrosion-resistant. If the body is aluminum built, it will not be as strong as stainless steel. It will require changing after a couple of years.
Why Should You Use a 2-into-1 Exhaust for Your Harley Bagger?
The 2-into-1 is one of the most popular configurations for larger bikes like Harley baggers, and it’s easy to see why. The design offers great performance and sound, and it can be installed in just a few hours.
The 2-into-1 design is a favorite among motorcycle enthusiasts because it offers excellent performance. When you’re riding your bike on the highway or around town, there’s no better way to get the most out of your engine than with this style of an exhaust system. It delivers more horsepower (which means more speed) and torque (which means more power).
The 2-into-1 also helps improve gas mileage by reducing back pressure in your engine. Back Pressure is caused when there’s an imbalance between exhaust flow and intake flow. For example, when there’s too much exhaust coming out of one pipe but not enough going into it from another. By combining two pipes into one larger pipe, you create less back pressure in your engine and allow it to run more smoothly and efficiently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a 2-into-1 exhaust make more power?
Yes. A 2-into-1 exhaust can make more power, but it depends on a few things:
– The engine’s displacement and configuration and the type of exhaust you’re installing (2-into-1 vs. 4-into-1).
– The type of fuel you’re running through the engine.
– The kind of gearing you have in your transmission and differential.
But here are some quick facts:
A 2-into-1 exhaust can increase horsepower by up to 10%. That’s because it creates a larger expansion chamber and allows more air to flow through the engine. This is especially true when you’re using a smaller engine that has a high compression ratio.
Does slip-on exhaust sound better?
The answer is yes. A slip-on exhaust sounds better than a full exhaust because it does not have any baffles or resonators, which can dampen the sound of your bike. However, there are some downsides to slip-on exhausts that you may want to consider before purchasing.
Slip-on exhausts do not offer as much power or torque as full exhaust systems. This means that they won’t make your bike go faster than stock but will make it sound better.
Slip-on exhausts are also more expensive than full exhaust systems because they are custom-made for each motorcycle model and cannot be purchased from an auto parts store as a full exhaust can.
If you want your bike to sound better without sacrificing performance or money, then you should consider getting a slip-on exhaust instead of a full system!
How can I make my motorcycle exhaust sound deeper?
There are several ways to make your motorcycle exhaust sound deeper. The first is to modify your muffler. If you want more of a rumbling sound, then you can add insulation and a resonator chamber to your muffler. This will help project the engine’s sound further than it would without modification.
Another option is to replace your stock exhaust pipes with longer ones that have larger diameter pipes. Larger diameter pipes have less resistance and make for a louder, deeper sound than smaller diameter pipes do.
You can also consider replacing your muffler altogether. For example, there are aftermarket exhaust systems available that produce deeper sounds than most stock systems do; some companies even offer options that allow you to customize the pitch of your exhaust sound! It all comes down to your preference.
Can you run a Harley without baffles?
Yes, you can run a Harley without baffles—but we don’t recommend it. Baffles are the perforated metal pieces that line the exhaust pipes of Harleys, and they serve two main purposes: noise reduction and heat dispersal. By eliminating these baffles, you’re exposing your engine to more heat and sound than it was designed for.
If you’re looking to customize your bike or just make some changes to see what works best, we suggest leaving the baffles in place while testing out modifications. But if you want to remove them permanently, make sure you have a professional do the work for you (and budget accordingly).
Can you run a Harley without mufflers?
Yes, you can run a Harley without mufflers. A Harley Davidson motorcycle is one of the most iconic vehicles in the world. It’s known for its powerful engine and distinct sound, which is created by its distinctive exhaust pipes. But what if you wanted to make your bike go faster? What if you wanted to cut down on the noise? Could you still have a Harley without mufflers?
Well, yes! While it might not be as loud or fast without mufflers, it’s possible to run a Harley without them. Some people do so for safety reasons or because they want to customize their bikes in ways that make it harder for other people to hear them coming from a distance.
But what about all those other benefits that come with having mufflers on your bike? Well, there are some things that will still be present if you decide not to use them: namely, your engine will still feel smoother while running, and it’ll produce less smoke when starting up or accelerating quickly (which means less black exhaust fumes coming out into the air around you).
Which is better, 2-into-1 or dual exhaust for Harley Bagger?
The exhaust system on your Harley Bagger is one of the most important parts. It contributes to the performance and sound of your engine, and it can also help reduce emissions.
When choosing an exhaust system for your Harley, you have two options: a 2-into-1 exhaust or a dual exhaust. Both options are made up of different pipes that allow exhaust gasses to pass through them before they’re released into the air.
The main difference between the two is that a 2-into-1 has only one pipe that splits into two smaller pipes, while a dual exhaust has two pipes (and usually looks more like an H shape).
The difference between these two types of systems is largely aesthetic—they both perform the same function and will improve performance and sound quality. However, some riders prefer the look of a 2-into-1 over that of a dual exhaust because it’s simpler in design.
Also Read: How to Make Motorcycle Exhaust Quieter?
The best 2-into-1 exhaust system for Harley is a matter of your personal preference and riding style. There is no one perfect exhaust that outperforms all others because what’s best for one person may not be the best for another. Therefore, I recommend that you identify your criteria and factor that into your purchase decision, or you can pick one from the list above.